- Massive weight loss occurs with rigorous diet and exercise, or as a result of gastric bypass surgery.
- Severely loose and hanging upper arm skin makes it difficult to fit into clothing comfortably and to maintain a positive body image.
- Dr. Rad performs Arm Lift surgery to restore a normal upper arm contour and hide the scar from obvious view.
- Arm Liposuction works well to treat fatty deposits in the absence of loose skin.
- There are no good non-surgical options to tighten loose skin.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad prefers incision placement between the posterior arm and the inner arm so that scars are optimally hidden from view.
- Skin and fat are lifted away from the underlying muscle layer, taking care to preserve nerves, and the excess is removed in a ‘tailoring-type’ method.
- Laser Scar Therapy helps to fade scars quickly and prevent thickening.
- For healthy patients, combining procedures is safe in Dr. Rad’s hands.
- Dr. Rad usually combines an arm lift with a Belt Lipectomy in the first of 3 stages.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery in the top tertiary care hospital in the Washington DC and northern Virginia area.
What to Expect
- Arm lift surgery takes about 2.5 hours to perform and arm lift alone is an outpatient procedure.
- Temporary moderate discomfort is common and is easily controlled with pain medications.
- Recovery lasts about 2 weeks.