- Massive weight loss occurs with rigorous diet and exercise, or as a result of gastric bypass surgery.
- Severely loose and hanging skin of the upper back can interfere with comfort in wearing clothes and bras normally.
- In an upper back lift, Dr. Rad removes tissue of the upper back extending to the chest or breast region.
- Liposuction alone is best in the presence of fatty deposits and good skin elasticity, and in the absence of loose skin.
- There are no good non-surgical options to tighten loose skin.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad places incisions in order to optimize body contour, symmetry and hiding scars.
- Skin and fat are lifted away from the underlying muscle layer and the excess is removed using a tailoring-type method.
- Laser Scar Therapy fades and softens scars very effectively.
- Dr. Rad usually combines a back lift with a Chest Lift [men] or Breast Augmentation + Lift [women]
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery in the top tertiary care hospital in the Washington DC and northern Virginia area.
What to Expect
- Surgery takes about 4 to 5 hours to perform and requires a hospital stay of 1 to 2 days.
- Temporary moderate discomfort is common and is easily controlled with pain medications.
- Recovery lasts about 3 to 4 weeks.