Brazilian Buttock Lift
- Buttock augmentation has been popularized by celebrities such as Kim Kardashian and can offer beautiful body contours and a feminine "hourglass" shape.
- While implants can be used for buttock augmentation, Dr. Rad does not recommend them as a safe and effective option.
- Dr. Rad recommends fat injection to augment the buttocks. This is called the Brazilian buttock lift (BBL).
- Dr. Rad's technique involves very careful and precise injection of fat throughout the buttock tissue using the "Coleman technique," a tried-and-true method that requires diligence and skill to obtain results safely and effectively.
- Dr. Rad employs liposuction of the abdomen, flanks and inner and outer thighs in order to accentuate an "hourglass" waistline.
- Dr. Rad often combines Abdominoplasty + Liposuction for a comprehensive contouring of the trunk. Focused liposuction of the lower back can give an appearance of mildly augmented buttocks.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad places very small incisions in hidden or covered areas through which a long metal ‘cannula’ (thin tube with holes at the end) is inserted and fat is suctioned out.
- The fat is purified and then Dr. Rad injects it carefully throughout the buttocks to give a beautiful augmented contour.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, BBL is very safe.
- Because fat cells are very fragile, liposuction should not be done with laser such as SmartlipoTM, or VASERTM. Only traditional liposuction techniques should be used for fat harvest.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery a hospital operating facility.
What to Expect
- This is an outpatient surgery taking approximately 4-5 hours to perform depending on the degree of augmenting and contouring needed.
- Temporary moderate discomfort is common and is easily controlled with pain medications.
- Bruising and swelling are common and subside over 6-12 weeks.