- With age, after pregnancy, or from an inherited asymmetry, a woman’s breasts may lose volume.
- Breast implants for augmentation is a safe and effective option to restore volume.
- As compared to round implants, teardrop shaped implants are shaped like a breast and, in Dr. Rad’s hands, can be used to create a natural shape.
- Breast augmentation with teardrop implants is popular amongst women who:
- have a breast size less than a B cup
- have mild or minimal degree of skin laxity
- want minimal upper breast fullness
- Round Implants are ideal when augmentation without concern for upper breast fullness is desired.
- Breast Augmentation + Lift restores breast volume while also elevating the nipples back to a normal and symmetric position.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad makes an incision in the natural under-fold of the breast, a pocket is created either above or under the pectoralis muscle, and the implant is placed.
- Breast surgery is done under light general anesthesia.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery only in an AAAASF accredited surgery center.
- A negative pregnancy test is required prior to surgery.
What to Expect
- Mild to moderate discomfort is common and is easily controlled with pain medications.
- Recovery is just a few days, and 2 weeks to unrestricted exercise.