Breast Lift + Reduction In Washington DC
- Age, significant weight loss and anatomical changes related to pregnancy can lead to atrophy of the breast tissue, loss of skin elasticity and breast deflation. As a result, women may suffer poor body image and difficulty wearing clothes. Dr. Rad addresses this with Breast Lift surgery.
- Alternatively, some women are born with large breasts that are disproportionate to the rest of their bodies and as a result suffer neck discomfort, poor body image and difficulty wearing clothes or performing exercise. Dr. Rad addresses this with Breast Reduction surgery.
- Vertical Pattern Breast Lift is ideal for mild to moderately low nipple position.
- Wise Pattern Breast Lift is ideal for very low nipple position.
- Breast Augmentation is effective for deflated breasts with normal nipple position.
- Breast Lift with Augmentation is effective for deflated breasts with low nipple position.
How It’s Done
- The breast skin is elevated away from the underlying breast tissue and nipple, the breast tissue is sculpted and the skin redraped.
- In the ‘vertical’ pattern technique, the scar is in the form of a lollipop as it encircles the areola and runs down the center of the breast. In the ‘Wise’ pattern technique, the lollipop scar meets the under-fold scar beneath the breast.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, breast lift surgery is very safe and unparalleled results are achievable.
- Breast lift and reduction surgery is done under light general anesthesia delivered by a board certified anesthesiologist in an AAAASF accredited surgery center.
What to Expect
- This is a low-risk, outpatient procedure that involves very little pain or discomfort.
- Return back to work in 1-2 weeks, depending on the speed of healing, is normal.
BEFORE + AFTER
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad's patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
"We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son's rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy - warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation."
Esther Alpert | July 2017
"I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations."
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
"I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn't feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it's only been 5 weeks! He's the best!"
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
"Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I've ever met! I've worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you'd hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, expertise, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can't say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I've had with him has exceeded my expectations. He's the absolute best! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care."
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
"My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of "me." As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad's skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, expert, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification."
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
"Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him."