"Cat Eye" Reshaping (Canthopexy) In Washington DC
- Very subtle changes in the shape of the eye can make the difference between appearing fatigued or alluring.
- The Cat Eye Lift, or "canthopexy," is best for patients whose eye shape tilts downward giving them a sad or fatigued appearance. Commonly this is paired with a Brow Lift for a comprehensive improvement in the brow-eye region.
- This procedure is usually combined with Upper Blepharoplasty and/or Lower Blepharoplasty and/or Brow Lift are needed for complete rejuvenation of the eye and brow areas.
- An eyelid-focused Skincare regimen delays the need for surgery.
- Professional Makeup Artistry can mask the signs of aging around the eye.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad places an upper eyelid incision within the natural fold and permanent sutures are placed to reposition the corners of the eyes slightly upward.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, canthopexy surgery is safe, comfortable and involves very low risk.
- With upper blepharoplasty, a canthopexy procedure can be performed in the office while awake and under local anesthestic.
Preparing for Treatment
- Notify Dr. Rad of any drug allergies, particularly to local anesthetics
- Avoid taking medications that can increase risk of bruising:
- NSAIDS: Aleve, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin and similar medications
- Fish oil
- Excessive alcohol
What to Expect
- Surgery involves very little discomfort. Mild bruising and temporary swelling are normal and resolve quickly.
- While healing and recovery will be different for each patient, return to work or going to social outings about 5-7 days after surgery is common.
BEFORE + AFTER
In addition to total facial rejuvenation this 65 year old woman wanted her eyes to look bright and less fatigued. She said that her eyes use to have a beautiful up-turn to the corners, a feature which she wished to restore. Dr. Rad performed Canthopexy Eye Reshaping and Upper Blepharoplasty, Short Incision Brow Lift, SMAS Flap Face Lift , Open Neck Lift, Lower Blepharoplasty + Fat Removal, and Facial Fat Grafting.
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad's patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
"We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son's rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy - warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation."
Esther Alpert | July 2017
"I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations."
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
"I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn't feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it's only been 5 weeks! He's the best!"
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
"Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I've ever met! I've worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you'd hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, expertise, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can't say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I've had with him has exceeded my expectations. He's the absolute best! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care."
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
"My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of "me." As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad's skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, expert, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification."
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
"Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him."