Dorsal Hump Reduction
- The shape and size of the nose should balance and harmonize with the rest of the face.
- A nasal hump can often distract attention from an otherwise attractive face.
- In the dorsal hump reduction procedure, Dr. Rad removes the hump thereby creating a straight nasal profile from bridge to tip.
- Injectable Dermal Fillers are excellent temporary treatments to mask a small dorsal hump, or to increase tip projection.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad uses a ‘closed’ approach with hidden incisions on the inside of the nostrils.
- Cartilage and bone are removed from the hump, and cartilage and tissue grafts are placed to create a straight profile.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, rhinoplasty surgery is safe and achieves excellent results.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery only in an accredited surgery center or hospital operating facility.
- Dr. Rad does not accept patients seeking an extreme makeover or the looks of another person
What to Expect
- Pain is rare. The most common sensation is temporary nasal congestion.
- Bruising and swelling are normal and resolve over 7 to 14 days.
- Return to work or going to social outings about 2 weeks after surgery is common.