Eye Bag Removal
- With age, as fat pads behind the eyelids bulge forward and cheek fat disappears, the ‘tear trough’, a semi-circular indentation between eyelid and cheek, is revealed and gives the appearance of dark circles.
- In lower blepharoplasty, Dr. Rad’s uses an invisible scar to remove the fat pads from behind the lower eyelids.
- Oftentimes Dr. Rad combines this with Facial Fat Grafting in order to restore volume to deflated cheeks and under-eye regions.
- For non-surgical, temporary improvement of dark under-eye circles and bags, Injectable Dermal Fillers are effective, performed in-office and have no down-time.
- Collagen-stimulating Laser helps to restore skin elasticity.
- Eyelid-focused Skincare products and Facials help to maintain collagen.
- Professional Makeup Artistry can highlight desirable eye-area contours.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad places an incision on the inside of the eyelid, a very safe method of scarless eyelid surgery.
- Three small fat pads are carefully removed from behind the eyelid.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, lower eyelid surgery is safe and involves very low risk.
- Dr. Rad performs this under general anesthesia which is delivered by a board certified anesthesiologist in an accredited surgery center.
- Ophthalmology evaluation is needed to ensure that there is no evidence of retinal disease or glaucoma.
What to Expect
- Surgery involves very little discomfort. Mild bruising and temporary swelling are normal and resolve quickly.
- While healing and recovery will be different for each patient, return to work or going to social outings about 5-7 days after surgery is common.