- Fat can be used as a permanent filler to restore volume and contour to the face.
- Facial fat grafting is the next step for those who have had Injectable Dermal Fillers and who want a permanent solution.
- Patients with very thin and gaunt faces need aggressive volumizing and, in these situations fat grafting is a more cost-effective approach when compared to fillers.
- Dr. Rad performs fat grafting with Lower Eyelid Bag Removal, Face Lift and Neck Lift surgery to address skin sagging and deflation.
- Injectable Dermal Fillers are the most effective non-surgical treatment for facial volume and contouring; the downside is that it is temporary (lasts 6-12 months).
How It’s Done
- Fat is removed via liposuction from the abdomen and/or thighs.
- Fat is purified and then injected very carefully and precisely using the Coleman technique.
- Dr. Rad most commonly places fat in the midface (cheeks), under-eye region, lips and temples.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, facial fat grafting is very safe and involves very low risk.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery only in an AAAASF accredited surgery center or hospital operating facility.
- Medical clearance by your Primary Care Physician is required prior to surgery.
- Accompaniment by a family member or friend for 48 hours after surgery.
What to Expect:
- Pain is rare. The most common temporary sensation is swelling.
- Mild swelling is normal and resolves over 7 to 10 days.