- Dr. Rad contours the face by judiciously adding fat to deflated areas or removing fat from overly voluminous areas.
- Facial contouring involves restoring volume in deflated areas of the face via Facial Fat Grafting, or removing volume from the lower cheek region to create a more chiseled appearance via Buccal Fat Removal.
- Often deflation is accompanied by skin laxity and sagging; therefore, Dr. Rad often performs Face Lift and Neck Lift surgery concurrent with facial fat grafting.
- Injectable Dermal Fillers are the most effective non-surgical treatment for facial volume and contouring; the downside is that it is temporary, lasting 6 to 12 months.
How It’s Done
- In facial fat grafting, fat is removed via liposuction from the abdomen and/or thighs, purified and then injected into the face very precisely into deflated areas.
- In buccal fat removal, small incisions are made on the inside of the cheeks and the lower cheek fat is gently removed.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, facial contouring surgery is very safe and complications are extremely rare.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery only in an accredited surgery center or hospital operating facility.
- Medical clearance by your Primary Care Physician is required prior to surgery.
- Accompaniment by a family member or friend for 48 hours after surgery.
What to Expect
- Pain is rare. The most common sensations are fullness.
- Bruising and swelling are normal and resolve over 7 to 10 days.
- While healing and recovery will be different for each patient, return to work or going to social outings 1 to 2 weeks after surgery is common.