Injectable Dermal Filler
- Time, gravity, and environmental factors (such as smoking, sun exposure, exposure to pollution, and stress) can lead to changes in the facial architecture that telegraph a more aged appearance.
- These changes include deflation and sagging of the apples of the cheeks, furrowing in the nasolabial region (nose to lips), deepening of peri-oral lines (around the mouth), appearance of nasojugal grooves (in the upper cheeks), and marionette (mouth to chin) lines, hollowing of eye sockets, loss of jawline definition due to ‘jowls,’ and squaring off of facial contour.
- Dr. Sherber uses her expertise in injectable dermal fillers to restore lost facial volume, smooth furrows, and elevate sagging facial contours safely and with an immediate result.
- Over time, these fillers stimulate collagen so that your body creates natural volume in the areas of your skin being treated.
- Results typically last 6-12 months, pain is minimal, and there is no downtime apart from the rare possibility of bruising and slight swelling post-procedure.
FACIAL REVOLUMIZING FOLLOWING WEIGHT LOSS
This 63 year-old woman lost 100 pounds, and with that lost volume in her face. This is a common phenomenon with weight loss since facial fat is reduced proportionate to the amount of overall weight loss. Dr. Sherber’s treatment took less than 1 hour, and the “after” photo demonstrates the immediate improvement in facial contour and elevation of previously sagging features.
Dr. Sherber used a total of 9 syringes of filler (a combination of Juvéderm™ Ultra Plus XC layered underneath Juvéderm™ Ultra XC) to treat the:
- Midface (along the cheekbones)
- Nasolabial folds (the crease from the nasal base to corners of the mouth)
- Oral commisures (corners of the mouth)
- Pre-jowl (the area along the jawline behind the jowl)
- Temporal hollows (temples)