Limelight Intense Pulsed Light
- The Cutera LimeLight IPL system utilizes a cutting edge system of wavelengths ranging from 520-1100nm to target low contrast or high contrast pigmentation.
- Since this system is so tunable, Dr. Sherber can generate inflammation against the unwanted spots - which is how the body will clear them from the skin – without inflaming the surrounding skin.
- Dr. Sherber uses a ginger approach with this technology, spot-treating rather than treating 100% of the skin surface to minimize downtime and to focus the energy where it is most needed.
- Often, Dr. Sherber will perform spot treatment with LimeLight after full face, neck, chest, and hands treatment with the *Clear+Brilliant* or *Perméa* lasers.
- Depending on the depth of the pigmentation, several treatments spaced several weeks apart may be required.
- IPL cannot be performed on tanned skin as it risks permanently damaging the skin’s pigmentation.
- Deeper skin tones may not be ideal candidates for this treatment. We will perform a test spot if needed to ensure safety before treatment.
Preparing for Treatment
- Do not plan intense sun exposure in the days before or after treatment.
- Do not use self-tanners in the week preceding treatment.
What to Expect
- Depending on the area being treated, the skin may be prepped with numbing cream.
- The treatment feels like rubber band snaps, and often only one pulse is needed on each spot.
- Over the following days, the pigmentation breaks up into a ‘coffee grounds’ or peppered appearance, and then disappears.
- For sunspots in areas that need more global rejuvenation such as improvements in texture and luminosity, the Perméa may be the preferable treatment.