- Dr. Rad uses liposuction safely and permanently to remove fat through hidden and small incisions.
- The most commonly treated areas are the flanks, central abdomen, inner and outer thighs, arms and neck.
- Suction-Assisted Liposuction is most effective in the setting of good skin elasticity and in the absence of skin looseness or stretch marks.
- There is no proven difference between laser liposuction (SmartlipoTM), VASERTM liposuction and traditional suction techniques.
- Abdominoplasty is most appropriate in the setting of poor skin tone, skin laxity and/or stretch marks.
- Dr. Rad often combines Abdominoplasty + Liposuction for a comprehensive result.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad places very small incisions in hidden or covered areas through which a long metal ‘cannula’ (thin tube with holes at the end) is inserted and fat is suctioned out.
- Liposuction is akin to a sculptor molding clay – achieving a smooth and beautiful result depends on the surgeon’s skill and artistic vision.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, liposuction is very safe.
- Liposuction is not appropriate for internal ‘belly fat’ which surrounds internal organs.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery a hospital operating facility.
What to Expect
- This is an outpatient surgery taking approximately 1-3 hours to perform depending on how many areas to treat.
- Temporary moderate discomfort is common and is easily controlled with pain medications.
- Bruising and swelling are common and subside over 6 weeks.