- Redness of the skin is best treated with an optimally targeted vascular laser that treats dilated blood vessels on the face and body with maximal comfort and efficacy.
- Cutera’s Nd:YAG lasers have a patented PowerFlex technology provides fast treatments with the highest degree of efficacy.
- The sapphire-cooled laser tip enables high energy levels to be used during treatment without overheating of the skin, and optimizes comfort of the treatment.
- Improvements in redness and smoothing effects emerge over several weeks, and a series of treatments is advised for optimal results.
- This is very effective in treating dilated or “broken” capillaries, and can also fade blush veins under the eyes.
- This type of treatment is mainly a ‘winter sport,’ as it’s important that skin isn’t tanned prior to treatment and that it remain protected from sun exposure post-treatment.
- This is an excellent treatment to treat visible vessels that relate to sun damage, rosacea, or chronic skin sensitivity, particularly in combination with at-home skincare.
- This treatment is gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin.
- In deeper skin tones, a test spot may be performed to ensure that enough energy can be delivered for a successful treatment without risking damaging the skin’s pigment.
Preparing for Treatment
- Do not plan intense sun exposure in the days before or after treatment.
- Do not use self-tanners in the week preceding treatment.
What to Expect
- Numbing cream generally isn’t needed before treatment, and makeup can be applied immediately afterwards to treated areas.
- Some treated areas may have faint surrounding redness as the body works to resorb them.
- Some treated vessels will disappear immediately, some will disappear briefly and then refill, and some will look purplish for several days.
- This is a no-downtime treatment as the skin will look flushed post treatment but will look normal within several hours and will have a luminous appearance by the next day.
- Since the results take several weeks to emerge, treatments should be spaced a month apart.
- For areas that are prone to flushing, the Nd:YAG laser can be used in a micropulsed mode called Laser Genesis.
- For larger diameter spider veins on the legs, Asclera may be the preferable first treatment.