- Dr. Rad uses refined nipple reconstruction techniques to add the finishing touches on a beautiful result.
- Reconstructed nipples are then tattooed to give the lifelike appearance of areolar color and glandular structures.
- Dr. Rad utilizes the ‘Top Hat Flap’ method of nipple reconstruction.
- Dr. Rad has performed nipple reconstruction on hundreds of patients.
- Patients can elect not to have nipple reconstruction and instead opt only for tattooing.
How It’s Done
- The ‘Top Hat Flap’ method is like origami: Dr. Rad transforms a 2-D pattern on the breast skin into a 3-D shape that looks like a nipple.
- Nipple reconstruction is very safe and can be done in the office under local anesthesia.
- However, oftentimes Dr. Rad combines it with other procedures that require surgery to be performed in an operating facility.