Surgical Nose Narrowing in Washington DC
- The shape and size of the nose should balance and harmonize with the rest of the face.
- If the nose is too wide for the rest of the face then surgery to narrow and refine the nose can be very effective.
- In Total Nasal Narrowing, Dr. Rad reduces the width of the nose from the bridge to the tip to the base, and with the benefit of invisible scars.
- There is no good non-surgical procedure to reduce or narrow a wide nose. However, Injectable Dermal Fillers are excellent temporary treatments to mask a Dorsal Hump or to increase
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad uses a ‘closed’ approach with hidden incisions on the inside of the nostrils.
- The nasal bones are cut and inset in a narrower position, and the nasal tip cartilage is refined with permanent sutures and cartilage grafts.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, rhinoplasty surgery is safe and achieves excellent results.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery only in an accredited surgery center or hospital operating facility.
- Dr. Rad does not accept patients seeking an extreme makeover or the looks of another person.
What to Expect
- Pain is rare. The most common sensation is temporary nasal congestion.
- Bruising and swelling are normal and resolve over 7-14 days.
- Return to work or going to social outings about 2 weeks after surgery is common.
BEFORE + AFTER
This 23 year old woman felt that the width of her nose did not balance well with her delicate facial features, and therefore she desired total nasal narrowing. Dr. Rad performed closed rhinoplasty with total nasal narrowing via nasal bone osteotomy and tip reshaping.
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad's patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
"We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son's rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy - warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation."
Esther Alpert | July 2017
"I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations."
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
"I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn't feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it's only been 5 weeks! He's the best!"
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
"Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I've ever met! I've worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you'd hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, expertise, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can't say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I've had with him has exceeded my expectations. He's the absolute best! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care."
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
"My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of "me." As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad's skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, expert, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification."
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
"Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him."