TDAP Flap In Washington DC
- Lumpectomy (also known as ‘partial mastectomy’) surgery without reconstruction can leave the breast distorted and deformed.
- The TDAP Flap is a unique operation in which Dr. Rad borrows skin and fat from the back and transfers it to a woman’s breast in order to reconstruct medium to large lumpectomy defects.
- This is effective particularly for patients with less than a C cup breast size, or for patients whose breasts have been severely damaged by radiation.
- The TDAP Flap is best for patients who:
- Have had radiation-induced shrinkage, ulceration or tissue hardening
- have less than C cup breast size
- will have more than 25% of the breast volume removed
- do not have droopy or pendulous breasts
- want to maintain the original size of their breasts
Implant Reconstruction is the most popular option owing to the ease of recovery and simplicity of surgery; however, implant reconstruction often is not a good option due to scar tissue problems caused by prior breast radiation.
- DIEP Flap Reconstruction is the gold standard in tissue reconstruction after mastectomy with the results ofAbdominoplasty as a benefit.
- Oncoplasty is best for patients who have large breasts (C cup or greater) and who desire a Breast Reduction and Lift.
- Breast reconstruction is safe and is performed under general anesthesia and a short hospitalization is standard for most reconstructive procedures.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery in the top hospitals in the Washington DC and northern Virginia area.
BEFORE + AFTER
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad's patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.