Tummy Tuck + Liposuction In Washington DC
The abdominal and flank regions are prone to showing weight gain and loose skin. State-of-the-art surgical techniques are safe and effective in creating beautiful body contours making it very popular to address undesirable body changes following pregnancy and weight fluctuations.
- Liposuction alone is most appropriate in the presence of fatty deposits and good skin elasticity, and in the absence of loose skin.
- Mini-Abdominoplasty is ideal for those with a mild amount of excess lower abdominal skin and/or rectus diastasis (separated core abdominal muscles).
- Abdominoplasty alone is most appropriate in the presence of loose abdominal skin and in the absence of fatty deposits.
- Lipoabdominoplasty combines both abdominoplasty and liposuction for a beautiful trunk contour.
- A Mommy Makeover refers to a single operation in which both abdominoplasty (with or without liposuction) and breast augmentation (with or without breast lift) are employed together to address post-pregnancy changes.
While there is much hype surrounding non-invasive fat reduction and skin tightening treatments, none come close to the results that are achievable through surgical contouring.
How It’s Done
- Liposuction involves very small hidden incisions to suction fat from problem areas.
- In abdominoplasty, the skin/fat layer is separated from the core muscle layer (which may be tightened with permanent sutures) and excess skin is removed.
- Laser Scar Therapy helps to fade scars quickly and prevent thickening.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, body contouring is safe and he routinely performs this operation as an outpatient.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery in an AAAASF accredited surgery center or a tertiary care hospital operating facility (Inova Fairfax Hospital, named the best in northern Virginia).
What to Expect
- This is an outpatient surgery taking approximately 1 to 4 hours to perform depending on the extent of surgery that is necessary.
- Temporary moderate discomfort is common and is easily controlled with pain medications.
- Recovery lasts 1 to 3 weeks depending on the extent of surgery that is necessary.
- In abdominoplasty, drainage tubes are sometimes necessary to prevent accumulation of body fluids in the surgery site; they are removed between 7 to 14 days.
BEFORE + AFTER
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad's patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
"We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son's rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy - warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation."
Esther Alpert | July 2017
"I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations."
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
"I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn't feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it's only been 5 weeks! He's the best!"
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
"Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I've ever met! I've worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you'd hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, expertise, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can't say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I've had with him has exceeded my expectations. He's the absolute best! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care."
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
"My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of "me." As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad's skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, expert, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification."
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
"Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him."